WHO WE ARE
We are a group of people from a wide range of backgrounds that share a common vision. We believe that the way to build a great society is to invest in developing well rounded and educated citizens, through ensuring that children and young people enjoy a healthy and enriching environment right from conception and nurturing them to attain their greatest potential.
We believe that, this can be achieved holistically by addressing a wide range of issues including empowerment of women and youth, maternal child health and nutrition, education, skills development, environmental consciousness and other related aspects.
OUR LATEST PROJECTS
Our recent work has mostly been in providing assistance to internally displaced persons (IDPs) and schools in North Eastern Nigeria. We have provided nutritional and educational materials to schools and IDP camps in Adamawa and Borno State.
Currently our projects are mostly funded by donations from members of our founding team. To make a contribution, click the donation button on the right sidebar of this site
LOFT Initiative draws from a pool of skilled and experienced resource persons from a wide range of backgrounds including Project Design and Management, Environmental Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Career Planning, Water and Sanitation, Child Health and Nutrition and Maternal and Reproductive Health. Other areas in which we can draw expertise include, Mass Education and Sensitization in areas such as gender sensitivity and health, environmental and safety awareness. We also have access to skilled resource persons in the conduct of all kinds of surveys.
COMPLETED PROJECTS AND TRACK RECORD
Our track record includes several self-funded projects in which we provided nutritional and educational materials to schools and IDP camps in Adamawa and Borno States. These include:
- Meals to IDP camp children
- Hygiene materials (soap, detergents and sanitary pads) to IDPs
- Personal hygiene awareness and education of IDPs; including the need for hand washing, harmful effects of open defecation and the importance of girl child education
- Distribution of educational materials to some IDP and non-IDP schools.
- Malkohi IDP Camp, Yola, Adamawa State
- Malkohi IDP Camp School, Adamawa State
- Demsa II Primary School, Demsa LGA, Adamawa State
- Government Day Secondary School Demsa, Demsa LGA, Adamawa State
- Kuda Primary School, Madagali LGA, Adamawa State
- Ngurtlavu Primary School, Borno State
- Farm Centre IDP Camp School, Maiduguri, Borno State